As a Carnegie engaged campus, UNO is fully committed to creating value through mutually-beneficial partnerships where information and expertise is shared and applied for the common good.
The Community Engagement Partnership Initiative (CEPI) is a student-developed tool that collects and showcases meaningful partnerships through individual projects.
UNO is home of the Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center (CEC), an innovative space that houses campus and community organizations. The CEC is a catalyst for collaboration.
Academic Community Engagement
Vizualizing Community Engagement Data
Academic Community Engagement Ensures:
- A stronger community and university
- The success of our diverse student population
- A vibrant democracy
- The discovery and creative activity relevant to the needs of contemporary society
- Improved quality of life in our community through collaboration and reciprocity
- The cultivation of skills necessary for a 21st-century workforce
- A competitive workforce that responds to the needs of our local economy
- Dynamic partnerships with nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses