Mission, Vision, & Values
Campus Recreation is a department within the divsion of Student Affairs that provides fitness, wellness and recreation programs to the campus community through the operation of the following: the Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Building, the Center Street Dome, Aquatics, Fitness & Wellness, Injury Prevention & Care, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Venture Center, Sport Clubs and Youth Programs.
The mission of Campus Recreation is to enhance the UNO community's quality of life through participation in fun, diverse recreational and leisure opportunities.
• Inspires participation in all areas
• Brings different members of the UNO community together
• Provides a variety of programs for all members of the UNO community
• Develops a knowledgeable staff, empowered to make decisions,
motivated to be helpful, and leaders who initiate improvement within each department
• Prepares students for life experiences
• Operates a facility with the highest level of safety
Campus Recreation's staff, programs and facilities are recognized locally, regionally and nationally as leaders in the leisure and recreational sports profession.
Campus Recreation believes in:
• Providing life skills
• A well-trained, highly professional staff
• Providing a variety of programs and activities
• Providing accessible facilities
• Providing a safe environment
• Open communication
• Promoting teamwork
• Contributing to the "whole" student