Problem Solving Contest for Area High School Students
The contest is open to any high school student. It is primarily targeted to the high school students in the Omaha, NE area, but any high school student is welcome to take the challenge!
Details about the contest:
- Four problems will be posted on this site on Monday, April 1. These will be due by 4PM Friday, April 12. On Monday, April 15, four new problems will be posted on this site and these will be due by 4PM on Friday, April 26. The solutions can be submitted before the due dates by email, fax or regular mail. (see details at the bottom of the page)
- Each student is expected to do his/her own work and submit individual solutions.
- At the end of April we will post on this site the results for each school participating. The students submitting correct solutions will receive certificates.
- Problems are selected so that students at all levels should experience some success with the problems.
- Our goal is to make students aware of some of the fun problems in mathematics.
WINNERS (Students with perfect scores!)
List of participants and their scores.
The electronic solutions should be directed to
Dora Matache, or
sent to the following address: University of Nebraska at Omaha, Mathematics, DSC 203, Omaha, NE, 68182, ATTN: MAM2002 contest; or sent by fax at (402) 554-2975, ATTN: MAM2002 contest. Make sure you include your name, your math instructor' s name, and your school in the correspondence.
The problems are proposed and graded by
Dora Matache, and
Back to the MAM at UNO web site
Sun Apr 28 17:00:00 CST 2002