This page's main content:
The Honors Program Experience
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Honors Internships for juniors & seniors
- Peer Tutoring
- Small Classes and Seminars
- Learning Community
What Honors Program Freshmen Tell Us
- 95% are satisfied with the quality of Honors classes
- 99% would recommend Honors courses to fellow students
- Comments from first semester Honors Course Evaluations:
- It was a refreshing change from my other classes.
- A strong teacher-student bond is developed. With small classes, instructors have the opportunity to act on specific needs of students.
- I really like the idea of linked classes. You become close with classmates and become friends.
- The professors are good at answering questions in full and they’re really patient.
What recent Honors graduates tell us
- Nice to be surrounded by people who want to learn and are willing to work.
- By far the most exciting classes of all were my Honors Colloquia. In these classes, I collaborated with students from departments all across the university. Such classes do not exist outside UNO’s Honors Program.
- It gave me the opportunity to take some more challenging classes and classes that made me learn things I knew nothing about and otherwise would nave not taken (the colloquia,) but that did enrich my education
- UNO is a large campus with a large student body. Being part of the Honors Program made me feel like I had a home at the University.
- The Honors Thesis was probably one of the most challenging, yet rewarding things that I’ve ever done. Not everybody can say they have a thesis written at their university. It was a way for me to really push myself and I enjoyed it.
Honors Program Student Characteristics, 2007
data current as of 9/25/2007
Top Six Counties in Nebraska for 2007 Freshmen
|Arts and Sciences
|Public Affairs and Community Service
|Engineering and Technology
|Communication, Fine Arts and Media
|Information Science and Technology
|University Division, Architecture, and Child, Youth and Family Studies
|Total Honors Program