Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
The Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society's mission is to:
1) Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies;
2) Stimulate interest in the field of communication;
3) Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
4) Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication;
5) Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students;
6) Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
This invitation is only extended to Speech Communication, Journalism and Broadcasting majors who have completed at least 60 credit hours (12 credit hours in the School of Communication), have a cumulative GPA of 3.0, have a GPA in their major of at least 3.25, are currently enrolled as a student in good standing, and display a commitment to the field of Communication; therefore, membership is a special honor afforded to a small group of outstanding students.
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. LPH was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. LPH became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995. LPH is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS) whose mission is to build a visibly cohesive community of national and international honor societies, individually and collaboratively exhibiting excellence in scholarship, service, programs, and governance.
For more information, contact faculty member Miss Marlina Davidson
or Miss Kate Rempfer
Advisers Marlina Davidson and Kate Rempfer in late March joined Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society officers in hosting a group from the campus chapter at Wayne State. The visitors toured the School of Communication and had lunch in the Old Market. UNO Lambda Pi Eta chapter also participated in Earth Day Omaha April 17 at Elmwood Park. Rempfer and Davidson then traveled to the Wayne State Undergraduate Communication Conference April 19 for Lambda Pi Eta.