The 2008 UNO Women of Color Awards are being presented to acknowledge the valuable contributions made by women of color in the greater Omaha area in the arts and humanities, business/entrepreneurship, community service, education, science and technology, and youth leadership categories. The honoree’s insights, diverse perspectives and experiences are being highlighted and celebrated in an effort to encourage continued and future involvement of women of color in our community.
The 2008 award winners are:
- Mary J. Goodwin-Clinkscale, Ph.D., executive producer/director at GBT Academy of Arts, is the recipient of the Arts and Humanities Award.
- Jacqueline R. White, AVP Purchasing at Union Pacific Railroad, is the recipient of the Business/Entrepreneurship Award.
- Paulette Gomez, organization coordinator and volunteer at Harambee Afrikan Cultural Organization, is the recipient of the Community Service Award.
- Theresa Barron-McKeagney, Ph.D., director of the UNO School of Social Work, is the recipient of the Education Award.
- Ashira Jones, client manager at Inroads Inc., is the recipient of the Science and Technology Award.
- Anayeli Martinez Real, a sophomore UNO student majoring in construction engineering, is the recipient of the Youth Leadership Award.
For more information on this year's winners click on this link.