Membership opportunities are available for students in the speech-language pathology and audiology major at the local, state, and national level. Membership in each of these associations provides access to many different valuable resources.
- Local level: University of Nebraska-Omaha National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (UNO NSSLHA) Chapter
- State level: Nebraska Speech Language Hearing Association (NSLHA)
- National level: National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
Local Level: UNO NSSLHA Chapter
Membership dues for the UNO NSSLHA Chapter are $25 for the academic year and $12.50 for one semester. Students can join at any time, but are encouraged to join at the beginning of the academic year or semester to get the maximum benefits of membership in the local organization. Benefits of membership in the local chapter (UNO NSSLHA):
- One membership price for the benefits of two organizations:
- UNO NSSLHA is also a Collegiate SERTOMA organization
- SERTOMA stands for "Service to Mankind" For more information about this organization, visit Sertoma's site.
- Networking with faculty, staff, and students at the university
- Emails about local university and community events
- Blackboard access to the UNO NSSLHA organization which contains job listings, links to a variety of resources, discussion board, organization information,
State Level: NSLHA
Membership at the state level (NSLHA) is highly encouraged, but not required for membership in the local chapter. For more information about joining NSLHA, check out their website. Two of the benefits many of our student members find valuable is the monthly newsletter and a discount to the annual state convention.
National Level: NSSLHA
Membership at the national level (NSSLHA) is highly encouraged, but not required for membership in the local chapter. For more information about joining NSSLHA, check out their website. Two of the benefits many of our student members find valuable is the access to online journal publications printed by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and the ASHA conversion discount rate.