Scholarship Details for UNO:
- Provides up to $4250 to be applied to Cost of Attendance (COA). The COA of UNO can be found here.
- Covers up to 5 years at UNO or until graduation, whichever comes first
Requirements to keep the Susan T. Buffett Scholarship:
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
- All non-working students must enroll for at least 12 credit hours per semester, or you must explain any unusual or significant circumstances that would necessitate taking fewer credit hours.
- All working students must carry an academic load of at least 9 credit hours.
- It is the responsibility of the student to reimburse The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation for any dropped classes that have already been paid for by the Foundation.
- You must notify the Susan T. Buffett Foundation immediately of any change in name, address, phone number or e-mail as long as you are receiving a Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship.
Requirements of participation in the Thompson Learning Community:
- All first-year Thompson Scholars will be co-enrolled in 2 classes plus 1 academic success seminar in their first semester and 2 classes in their second semester during their freshman year.
- All sophomore students will enroll in one learning community course per semester during their sophomore year
- There are no course requirements after the first two years.
- .All students must meet with a TLC staff member a minimum of once each semester.
- All students must be good citizens of UNO and in good academic standing with UNO.
- All students must complete 2 hours of community service each year.
The Thompson Learning Community highly encourages participation in many other activities offered:
- Social events (i.e. dinners, activities)
- Academic Success workshops
- Cultural awareness events
- Service Learning Projects throughout the year (i.e. Seven Days of Service, Fall Break Service Project, Durango Days, Martin Luther King Jr. Day Service Project, Global Youth Service Day, or other projects recommended by TLC Faculty and Staff)
- Service Learning academic courses