SKIP navigation
Office of Graduate Studies

This page's main content:

Financing Information

Other Funding Options
Funding for Graduate Student Research & Travel Support

An essential part of every graduate program is learning to use the tools of research, both scholarly and applied. Graduate students seeking funding for a research project should first inquire whether their department or college has funds available for that purpose. Information on other sources such as the University Committee on Research & Creative Activity and funding agencies exterior to the University can be obtained from the Office of Research and Creative Activity, 203 Eppley Administration Building. For travel support, please fill out the Graduate Student Travel Proposal Form and submit it at EAB 203. For furthur questions contact Nicole Kersten via email at

Federal Financial Assistance

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form the U.S. Department of Education requires to determine your financial need. The government conducts a "need analysis" based on financial information (such as income, assets and other family information) which you will be asked to provide. Your application is examined by a federal processor and the results are sent by computer to the Office of Financial Aid at UNO.

Service to Students with Disabilities

Students with disabilities seeking financial assistance are required to complete all required applications for aid, meet published deadlines for submitting applications, and verify "need" for assistance. Assistance in completing all applications for financial aid will be provided by the Financial Aid Office upon request.

The Disability Services office is committed to providing an equal educational opportunity for enrolled or admitted students who have documented disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. The coordinator serves as the primary contact for students wishing to discuss eligibility, policies and procedures, services offered, and/or personal concerns. The coordinator is also available to help arrange services for qualified students with disabilities; i.e., reasonable academic adjustments, sign language interpreters, alternative print format, note takers, use of the Testing Center, assistive technology and more. Students must provide appropriate documentation regarding physical, emotional, learning, or other type of disability for consideration of services. Consultations with the coordinator may be scheduled at any time. For information, please call (402) 554-2872 or stop by the Disability Services office in the Eppley Administration Building, Room 117.

last updated: 4/18/2012 at 4:37pm