The following departments fall within Support Services:
Campus Security provides service to the University 24-hours a day. The duties and responsibilities are of the Campus Security Department are:
• To protect life and property
• Provide building and ground patrol
• Investigate criminal offenses.
• Control the University Access System
• Provide emergency first aid response for on campus incidents.
Environmental Health and Safety
Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for monitoring compliance with environmental, health and safety programs intended to minimize or prevent occupational injuries and illnesses in the workplace and to protect the quality of the surrounding environment.
• Acts as liaison between UNO and various external agencies and regulatory bodies.
• Advises the campus community of responsibilities regarding health, safety and environmental issues
• Recommends appropriate corrective actions in relation to the issues stated above.
• Implements new health and safety programs.
Mail Services is responsible for U.S. Mail, Campus Mail, Shipping and Receiving, and Surplus Property.
Processing and consultation for all incoming and outgoing mail includes:
• All classes of U.S. Postal Services mail
• Best Way shopping for rates and services
• FedEx, UPS and other carriers
• International mail/shipment/customs forms
• Bulk mail processing and consultation
• Fold, insert, label, seal, sort
• Campus mail pick up and delivery
• Campus ZIP code assignments
• Sale of Business Reply Envelopes
• Student mailboxes
• Assistance with personal mailing needs
Headed by Jim Ecker, the parking services department manages the parking lots and permits on campus.