The following is general budget guidance for your information only. You should contact SPR
for assistance in developing your proposal budget.
- An estimated annual rate of 3.5% is recommended for calculating salary increases in multiple year grants.
- The estimated benefit rate for full-time faculty and staff is 26% of salary.
- FICA and Worker's Comp for student workers is calculated at 8.3% of salary.
- For graduate assistants, only Worker's Comp is calculated at 0.51% of salary.
- The cost of 36 credit hours of tuition (in-state rates) for each graduate assistant should be included in your budget, with an estimated annual increase of 5% per year for multiple year grants.
The University reimburses travel expenses in compliance with federal per diem rates and University travel policies. See the following links for information regarding:
Facilities & Administrative (F&A) costs:
- Facilities & Administrative (F&A) costs (per DHHS Rate Agreement, 9/28/12) are as follows:
- On campus -- 43% MTDC
- Off Campus -- 16% MTDC
- Modified Total Direct Costs (MTDC) include all salaries and wages, fringe benefits, materials and supplies, services, travel, and the first $25,000 of each subcontract.
- MTDC excludes equipment (individual items >$5,000), capital expenditures, tuition remission, rental costs, scholarships, fellowships, and the portion of each subcontract over $25,000.
- An F&A Costs Form form is required for all proposals.