The UNO School of Public Administration has scholarships available to graduate students. All of the scholarships and their specific criteria are listed below. To access application forms, click the name of the scholarship.
Andrew Blair Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Robert Blair and his wife Barbara established a fellowship in memory of their son Andrew, who passed away at the age of 31 from the complications of a lifetime battle with heart disease and cerebral palsy. The fellowship provides support to students in the UNO School of Public Administration who plan a career in the field of human services, especially those who are employed by nonprofit agencies or work with disabled individuals.
- Candidates must be pursuing a master's degree in the UNO School of Public Administration in the College of Public Affairs and Community Service.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who are working in, or have demonstrated an intention to work in, the human service field, particularly those working with the disabled or for nonprofit agencies.
The Centennial Scholarship Fund was created through the generosity of alumni, faculty and friends of the UNO School of Public Administration. It is intended to be used for scholarships for students enrolled in the School of Public Administration.
- Candidates must be pursuing a degree in the UNO School of Public Administration in the College of Public Affairs and Community Service.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who demonstrate academic excellence and/or financial need.
Mary Cornett Scholarship
This scholarship honors Mary Cornett, a longtime Omaha City Clerk and her distinguished 50+ year career in public service.
- MPA degree student with a concentration in Public Management
- Expresses a desire to pursue a career in Public Administration following graduation
- Preference shall be given to those students with a demonstrated financial need
- Scholarship is for one year only but may be renewed upon successful reapplication
Mary and Rodrigo Lopez Fellowship for Professional Development
The purpose of this fellowship is to encourage graduate public administration students to engage in professional development and to provide selected awardees with up to $500 to do so.
- Applicants must be enrolled in one of the graduate programs in the UNO School of Public Administration.
- Applicants must have an interest in and commitment to participating in professional and career development activities
- First preference will be given to MPA students, second preference to Ph.D. students.
Nebraska City/County Management Association (NCMA) MPA Scholarship
The purpose of the NCMA scholarship is to encourage and assist men and women of promising talent and ability who desire a career in local government management to complete the requirements for the MPA Degree in the School of Public Administration at UNO. Applicants must:
- Have completed 12 graduate hours within the MPA program and be registered for six or more graduate hours in the semester during which the award is granted
- Be a Nebraska resident
- Be in the local government concentration
- Have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.5
- Preference will be given to student members of International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and NCMA
UNO Financial Aid and Other Scholarship Opportunities
For other scholarship opportunities, please visit the following sites:
UNO Financial Aid Office
UNO Graduate Studies
Contact for Scholarship Information
Meagan Van Gelder, Ph.D.
Academic Program Coordinator
Phone: (402) 554.3480
Fax: (402) 554.2682