how to apply.
Completing the application process is straightforward. Each of these important steps are outlined below. Links to all required forms for supporting information are provided. Once your application file is complete, it will be reviewed by the MPA Admissions Committee. You will be notified as soon as possible about admission. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
The following materials go directly to UNO's Office of Graduate Studies:
- Graduate Application. There is a nonrefundable admissions fee of $45. Applications may be downloaded or completed online .
- Two official transcripts from each college or university attended. Hand carried or student submitted credentials will not be accepted. Questions about transcripts should be directed to the Graduate Studies Office.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores on the verbal, quantitative and written sections are required for admission consideration. An admission decision will not be made without these scores. For additional information on the GRE, please visit http://www.gre.org. UNO's university code is 6420.
You will need to submit the following to the UNO School of Public Administration:
- Application for Admission to the Master of Public Administration Program (need Adobe Acrobat to download).
- Resume including work history.
- Essay as described in the MPA Program Application.
- Two letters of recommendation (letters may be addressed to the MPA Admissions Committee). Letters should address the applicant's qualifications for a career in public service.
- International students from countries where English is not the official language need to submit the results of their TOEFL exam.
Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - October 1
Graduate Assistantships (start Fall Semester) - February 1
To talk with the Academic Program Coordinator call or e-mail:
Dr. Meagan Van Gelder