UNO will be recognized for its scholarship of engagement with the urban, regional, national, and global communities.
March 16, 18-23, 2013
Check-in begins at 8:30 AM
During the 7 Days of Service 2013, volunteers will have the opportunity to serve and learn. Projects include service activities at local nonprofit including Habitat for Humanity, Lauritzen Gardens, the Stephen Center, and many more! Some activities will depend upon the weather.
Who Can Participate?
People of all ages and abilities are encouraged to serve.
What Are We doing for Others?
Fun service activities and volunteer opportunities within our community!
- Meet new friends and reconnect with old ones
- Make a difference in our community
- Use your skills in a productive way and develop new ones
- A positive experience that can be placed on your resume
- Check-in begins at 8:30 AM
- Shuttle service will be available for UNO students. The shuttle will depart from the Milo Bail Student Center
- There will be service opportunities with nonprofits across the community and some service activities
- Lunch will be provided at 12:00
- Service Day will wrap up by 3:00 PM
- Students will receive lunch and a t-shirt for their service
- Transportation will be provided for those going off-site for service projects
- Register on-line and receive 4 hours of service credit for this day if in attendance for the full day of activities and luncheon program
Lead, Serve, Transform