A TORNADO WATCH means that tornadoes are likely to develop.
A TORNADO WARNING means that a tornado actually has been sighted somewhere in the general area.
If the warning sirens are sounded or a tornado is sighted approaching campus:
1. Proceed immediately to the interior hallway on the lowest floor or basement, unless there are boilers or electrical switch-gear areas housed in the basement. The tornado areas are as follows:
|Alumni||Lower level rooms 030-032, Boot Strapper Hall (107)|
|AH||First floor west offices except 133 and 147-149|
|ASH||First floor, interior rooms on the south side|
|BRB||Lower Level Hallway between Room 113-137|
|CPACS||Lower level northeast rooms 003, A-B, E-H|
|Central Utilities||Under stairs lower level|
|EAB||Lower level east rooms except 040D; central hallway, rooms 005, 009, 040E|
|FH||Mens and womens locker rooms|
|Fine Arts||Lower level|
|HPER||Lower level areas 001-014|
|KH||First floor except mechanical rooms; stairwell|
|Library||First floor rooms 102 (except lounge), 103, 107A|
|Mammel Hall||Restrooms all levels|
|MBSC||First floor TV lounge|
|PAC||First floor rooms 107,110-112, 120-127|
|PKCC||Lower level garage|
|PKI||First floor hallway between rooms 116-146 and 172-193|
|Parking Structure East||Lower level stairwells|
|Parking Structure West||Lower level stairwells|
|RH||Lower level auditorium, rooms 002-009|
|Sculpture/Ceramics Studio||HPER lower level|
|Annexes||Lower level, not in furnace/boiler room|
|Maverick Village||Basement of the Commons Building|
|University Village||Fine Arts lower level|
|Scott Court||First floor hallway|
|Scott Residence Hall||North hallway first floor|
|Scott Village||Basement of the Commons Building|
2. If time does not permit, get into the safest area of your classroom or office (the inside wall away from the doors and windows.)
3. Avoid windows, auditoriums, gymnasiums or other structures with free-span roofs and boiler or electrical switch-gear areas.
4. Take shelter underneath your desk or any heavy furniture available.
5. Assume a curled position protecting your head and eyes.
6. All persons should remain in the shelter areas until advised the warning has ended.
For more information contact Campus Security at 554-2648.