Safety Hints & Tips
HELP US HELP YOU!
Most crimes are crimes of opportunity. We take this opportunity to offer you some tips on how to prevent certain crimes.
- Safety in numbers - If you have a concern for your personal safety while on campus, Campus Security will provide you with an escort.
- Report suspicious and unusual activity to Campus Security.
- Lock your car and take the keys with you.
- Use Operation I.D. An engraver can be checked out from Campus Security.
- Don't leave personal belongings unattended.
- If you ride a bicycle/moped or motorcycle, use Operation I.D. and engrave your property. A good chain and a poor lock do not work. Consider high security locks and chains for your bicycle/moped or motorcycle. Ultra high security locks are on sale at the bookstore at a special price for you.
- Campus Security can assist you with crime prevention on or off the campus. If you have a question, contact us! Help us - help you. Together we can make crime prevention work for you.
TOGETHER WE COUNT
- Report suspicious activity to Campus Security, 4-2911. Warding off thieves reduces the chance you will be their next target.
- Never leave your car running and unattended.
- Shut windows tightly.
- Never leave items lying on seats; lock them in the trunk or out of sight.