Risk Management is an insurance and loss-control/prevention discipline that collaborates with UNO departments to minimize adverse effects of loss upon the UNO's human, physical and financial assets through: identification of loss potential; loss evaluation, prevention, and reduction; loss funding and risk financing; and claims control.
- Manage Liability Exposure
- Manage Insurance Program
- Risk Identification
- Interdepartmental Communication
- To protect the financial and physical assets of the UNO by identifying, preventing and managing liability exposures.
- To develop and administer the property, casualty and liability insurance program for UNO.
- To investigate, evaluate and resolve professional and general liability claims brought against UNO
- To assist outside counsel in the defense of the UNO's professional, general liability and property claims.
- To recommend corrective action to problems identified through risk management activities.
- To develop and review UNO policies, procedures and forms to address possible liability exposures.
- To collaborate and cooperate with other UNO departments in developing mechanisms to assess, evaluate and reduce loss potential.
- To promote loss prevention training programs for UNO.
Activities are shared in agreement with all University of Nebraska campuses, however, campus specific issues can and will be addressed on an individual campus basis.