Transfer Credit Policies and Procedures
Requirements for Transferring Credits
Before UNO can award a transfer credit, the following requirements must be met:
- Only courses with a grade of "C-" or better will be accepted for transfer from a regionally accredited two- and four-year college or university.
- All credit hours transferable are converted to semester credit hours (e.g., one-quarter hour equals 2/3 of a semester credit).
- Grades earned at another institution do not become a part of the student's UNO cumulative grade point average, unless earned at another University of Nebraska campus:
- University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL)
- University of Nebraska Kearney (UNK)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
- A maximum of 64-66 semester credit hours may be transferred from a two-year/junior or community college.
Mailing your Transcripts to UNO
In order to award transfer credit, an official, sealed transcript from each college/university previously attended should be sent to:
University of Nebraska Omaha
Undergraduate Admissions Office
6001 Dodge Street
Eppley Administration Building, Room 111
Omaha, NE 68182-0286
Sending your Electronic Transcripts to UNO
If the school uses an electronic transcript service, please send electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
For more information, please view our Transfer Articulation Guide.