The Certificate in Applied
Behavior Analysis (ABA)
A Collaboration between the UNO Psychology Department and MMI Psychology Department at UNMC
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
The certificate program complements the existing M.A. in Psychology with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis. The MA degree is for those individuals who have little or no prior education in Applied Behavior Analysis and need all the courses in the M.A. The certificate program enhances the existing Ed.S. degree in school psychology.
• One official copy of transcripts for ALL institutions previously attended
• Application Fee
• If English is not the language of nurture, official test scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exam are required
–– 500 on the written TOEFL
–– 173 on the computer-based TOEFL
–– 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL
–– 5.5 on the IELTS
–– 44 on the PTE
• Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in undergraduate courses related to proposed major
• Master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA, a major or a minor (or at least a 15-credit concentration) in psychology, education, or a related area, plus at least one 3 credit course in research methods or statistics.
• Applicants must submit an online application to the graduate office, including:
–– Application fee
–– One official copy of all college transcripts
–– Statement of purpose: a 1000-word essay describing why they seek admission to this program
–– At least one letter of recommendation.
• Students enrolled in other UNO master’s degree programs must submit another graduate application program
Required Courses: (12 hours) can use any combination of the courses listed in electives:
• PSYC 9040: Proseminar: Learning (3 credits)
• PSYC 8550: Psychotherapeutic Interventions (3 credits)
• PSYC 8576: Behavior Analysis and Intervention (3 credits)
• PSYC 8800: Ethics and Law for Psychologists (3 credits)
• PSYC 9570 Applied Behavior Analysis (3 credits)
• PSYC 9100 Small n Research Designs (3 credits)
• PSYC 9574 Laboratory in Applied Behavior Analysis (3-6 credits, 750 hours)
All courses, with the exception of PSYC 9574, are also taken for 3 credits in the MA program. PSYC 9574 is taken for 6 credit hours.
• In order to successfully complete the Applied Behavior Analysis graduate certificate program, students will be required to earn at least a grade of “B” (3.0 in scale where 4.0 = A) in each course.
• Students admitted to the ABA graduate certificate program must create a portfolio containing a sample project from practicum. A portfolio review will be conducted by the student’s advisor before the certificate is awarded.
Other Program-Related Information:To enroll in each course, students must obtain instructor approval and permit prior to registration.
For more information, please contact Dr. Lisa Kelly-Vance.