How to Get a Base Pass
1. Call the UNO office on Offutt AFB at (402) 595-2371. The staff there will have you fax or bring in a proof of your driver's license along with proof of US citizenship (birth certificate, recent US passport or naturalization papers), and provide some additional information.
a. You can fax driver's license and proof of citizenship along with your name, e-mail address, daytime phone number, student identification (social security) number, date of birth, and names of the courses you're taking to: 595-2807 or 554-2231.
b. You can drop off your required documents on the main campus at CPACS Building, Room 207.
2. Make sure that if you choose to use a birth certificate as proof of citizenship, it is a government-issued document, not just the certificate issued by the hospital.
3. Get the information to us. The pass process will not begin until the proof of citizenship and additional information are received. The process must be started on or before the deadline date to ensure the pass will be ready in time for the first class.
4. If you add an additional class at Offutt, you will also need to request an additional base pass. Passes are written specifically for the days and times of the class or classes you've indicated. You will also need to contact our office every semester you take an Offutt class.
5. An e-mail will be sent to you the week before classes begin with instructions on how to obtain your actual pass. Please look for this e-mail and if you don't receive it by the Thursday before classes begin, contact the UNO Offutt office.
a. You will need to present your driver's license, social security card, proof of insurance and registration for your vehicle to pick up the pass. Make sure all of these documents are current.
b. You will need to pick up the pass at the Offutt AFB Visitor's Center on the day of your first class meeting (or a weekday before for classes that meet on Saturdays). The Visitor's Center can get very crowded and passes take time, so please plan to come to Offutt early. Additional details will be provided in your instructional e-mail.
6. Once you've got your pass, keep it with you at all times while on base. We will ask to see it the first night of class and occasional military exercises might require you to show the pass to get into the building. It is needed for every entry on to the base.
7. DON'T lose your pass. Lost passes are not replaced under any circumstances.
8. The pass is official federal property and will need to be returned to UNO at the end of the term. A
drop box will be available in the classroom to drop them off during the last class meeting you attend.
Passes not put in the drop box by the last class meeting will need to be returned to the Division of
Continuing Studies on UNO main campus at CPACS Building, Room 207. Failure to return the pass to
UNO will result in loss of ability to receive base access in the future.
9. If at any time you withdraw from your class please notify UNO Offutt at (402) 595-2371. You must return the base pass to the UNO Offutt office or CPACS Building, Room 207 or the dropbox in the classroom.