Air Force Tuition Assistance
At the first appointment, the Offutt AFB Education Office will require a military ID, proof of registration, and a degree plan (get from a Division of Continuing Studies advisor or at the UNO Offutt AFB Office) to set up tuition assistance. The military student then applies for tuition assistance every semester online using the following steps:
- Log on to the Air Force Portal at http://www.my.af.mil.
- Enter your user name and password on the left-hand side. If you are a new user, click "Register".
- Click on the "Career" tab at the top of the page.
- Under AF Customer Service Center, click "AF Virtual Education Center".
- On the AFVEC screen, under Self Service Apps, click on "Apply for TA".
- Follow the TA application screens (six steps) and click "Submit" on the final page.
- Once the TA application has been approved, you can print a copy for the school and for your own use, if necessary.