Sponsored Programs and Research (SPR) serves as a focal point through which external support for research, scholarship, public service and creative activities is institutionally promoted, reviewed and approved.
Services Provided by SPR
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in identifying potential funding opportunities
- Support project directors in all stages of proposal development, in particular, prepare the official project budget
- Review proposals prior to submission to ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies, government regulations, and state laws
- Approve and submit official proposal to external sponsors as authorized by the University
- Negotiate and accept awards from external sponsors on behalf of the University
- Authorize Grants Accounting to establish the grant/contract account providing access to awarded funds
- Negotiate and establish subrecipient agreements and assist in managing subawards
- Provide post-award, non-financial assistance in the management of awards
- Provide reports of proposal submissions and grant/contract awards
For information about internal funding, please see the faculty or student pages.