Sponsored Programs and Research (SPR) serves as a focal point through which external support for research, scholarship, public service and creative activities is institutionally promoted, reviewed and approved.
For information about internal funding, please see the faculty or student pages.
Services Provided by SPR
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in identifying potential funding opportunities
- Support project directors in all stages of proposal development, in particular, prepare the official project budget
- Review proposals prior to submission to ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies, government regulations, and state laws
- Approve and submit official proposal to external sponsors as authorized by the University
- Negotiate and accept awards from external sponsors on behalf of the University
- Authorize Grants Accounting to establish the grant/contract account providing access to awarded funds
- Negotiate and establish subrecipient agreements and assist in managing subawards
- Provide post-award, non-financial assistance in the management of awards
- Provide reports of proposal submissions and grant/contract awards