NU ID Lookup & Password Reset:
Use this service if you have signed in to mavlink or Firefly before.
Create ⁄ Claim Your Account:
Use this service if you have never signed in to mavlink or Firefly.
Are you a NEW Student ⁄ Faculty ⁄ Staff?
- • Get your NU ID and Password
Student – Your account is active immediately upon log in.
Faculty – Your account will be fully functional up 24 hours after the first log in.
Staff – You will need to submit a request before you have access.
Have Questions? Get Answers!
What is an NU ID?
Nebraska University Identification numbers (NU ID's) are provided to students and faculty/staff at the University of Nebraska at Omaha for conducting business. The NU ID is a unique number within the University of Nebraska and Nebraska State College systems, so that a student or faculty/staff member will have the same NU ID on any of those campuses.
Up to Top
Key things to remember about your NU ID:
- Your NU ID and password together authorize the holder to access information that is not considered public information by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Faculty and staff who have taken, or are taking classes have only one NU ID.
- NU ID information WILL NOT be released via telephone or FAX.
- NU ID information will NOT be given to anyone but the student, faculty or staff member.
- Retain your NU ID even if you are not enrolled in courses. Along with your NU ID password, it allows you to access mavlink and make transcript requests.
How do I know what my NU ID number is?
For students and faculty/staff, NU ID's can be found the following ways:
Up to Top
- Students, faculty/staff have NU ID's printed on their MavCard, as shown at right.
- Students receive their NU ID and associated password during the Admission's application process.
- New faculty and staff who have not setup a password with their NU ID, can get their NU ID and setup the associated password by using this service. Your information must exist in the SAP Human Resources system for this service to work.
- NU ID look-up service. Current UNO students, faculty and staff may look-up their NU ID by using their UNO NetID and Password.
- If you are in the Omaha metro area, you can obtain your NU ID in person by showing your photo ID at the Records and Registration Office, Eppley Administration Building (EAB) 105.
- If you are outside the Omaha metro area, you can send a SIGNED letter to UNO Records and Registration, 6001 Dodge St., EAB 105, Omaha, NE 68182-0286 or a SIGNED FAX to 402.554.3472 requesting your NU ID be mailed to you (home address for students, department address for faculty/staff). We DO NOT accept e-mailed requests. Please include your name and date of birth for identification purposes.
What is an NU ID password?
Passwords are assigned to NU ID's for authentication to University systems. NU ID passwords are managed by the University of Nebraska TrueYou Identity Management System. TrueYou is a system that helps you maintain a single password and NU ID across the University of Nebraska and Nebraska State College systems. If you are a student, faculty or staff at one or more of these institutions, your NU ID and password for each campus will be the same.
Up to Top
Key things to remember about your TrueYou password:
How do I get an NU ID password?
Up to Top
- If you are a new faculty or staff member who has never setup an NU ID password, you can use this TrueYou service to set one up.
- Students who applied for Fall 2010 or beyond set up their NU ID password when applying online. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it at TrueYou.
- If you've already set up an NU ID password and don't remember it, go to TrueYou to reset it. If you don't remember your challenge questions, contact IS Helpdesk at 402.554.4357, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://its.unomaha.edu/callcentercs.php.
- If you are in the Omaha metro area, you can obtain your TrueYou password in person by showing your photo ID at the Records and Registration Office, Eppley Administration Building (EAB) 105 or Information Services Helpdesk, EAB 104.
- If you are outside the Omaha metro area, you can send a SIGNED letter to UNO Records and Registration, 6001 Dodge St., EAB 105, Omaha, NE 68182-0286 or a SIGNED FAX to 402.554.3472 requesting your TrueYou password be mailed to you (home address for students, department address for faculty/staff). We DO NOT accept e-mailed requests. Please include your Student/Faculty/Staff ID (NU ID) and date of birth for identification purposes.
Who can I contact with my questions/feedback?
Up to Top