2012.11.19 > For Immediate Release
contact: Charley Reed - University Relations
phone: 402.554.2129 - email: email@example.com
Holiday Hours at UNO for the Thanksgiving Break
Omaha - Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) and several of its facilities will be featuring special holiday hours and closings.
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 21, there will be no classes held on the UNO campus until Monday, Nov. 26, when all classes resume their regular schedules.
The UNO campus will be open on Nov. 21 but will be closed Thursday, Nov. 22 through Saturday, Nov. 24 in observance of Thanksgiving. During this time only previously designated personnel will be expected to be on campus. The campus re-opens on Monday, Nov. 26.
Other holiday hours include:
• The UNO Criss Library will be open on Nov. 21 from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. and resume normal hours on Nov. 25;
• The Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Building will be open Nov. 21 from 6 a.m. – 9 p.m., closed on Nov. 22 and re-open Nov. 23 through Nov. 25 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. before resuming normal hours on Nov. 26;
• The HPER pool will be open Nov. 21 from 6 a.m. - 9 a.m., 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 4 – 7 p.m. with masters swimming from 6 – 8 p.m. The pool will be closed, along with the HPER building, on Nov. 22 and re-open on Nov. 23 with open swimming from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be a masters swimming from 10 a.m. to noon and opening swimming from 1 – 5 p.m. on Nov. 24 and open swimming from 1 – 5 p.m. on Nov. 25 before resuming normal hours on Nov. 26
• Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will not be Group Ex. Classes or Open Golf/Archery Lab from Nov. 21 through Nov. 25. Group Ex. Classes and the Open Lab will resume on Nov. 26.
• The Milo Bail Student Center will be closed Nov. 22 for Thanksgiving, but open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Nov. 23 and then resume regular hours on Nov. 24.
• There is open parking on Campus during Thanksgiving Break. No permits are required during this time. Reserve, handicap, drive aisle and fire lane restrictions will be enforced.
• Parking at the Crossroads and the Crossroads Shuttle Bus Service will not be available during Thanksgiving Break. No Shuttles will be operating Thursday, November 22nd thru Sunday, November 25th. Contact Parking Services at 402.554.7275 if you have any questions.
UNO Campus Security will continue to patrol campus during the holiday break and be on call for emergencies at 402.554.2648 and 402.554.2911.
For more information holiday hours for the UNO campus or campus buildings, please contact Charley Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 402.554.2129.
Follow UNO's Twitter updates at www.twitter.com/unomaha. Become a fan of UNO on Facebook: www.facebook.com/unomaha. Watch UNO on YouTube: www.youtube.com/UNOmavTV.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s metropolitan university. The core values of the institution place students at the center of all that the university does; call for the campus to strive for academic excellence; and promote community engagement that transforms and improves urban, regional, national and global life. UNO, inaugurated in 1968, emerged from the Municipal University of Omaha, established in 1931, which grew out of the University of Omaha founded in 1908.
© 2015 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, email@example.com