2012.10.05 > For Immediate Release
contact: Charley Reed - University Relations
phone: 402.554.2129 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
College of IS&T to Host IT Professional Development Academy in October
Omaha - IT professionals are invited to attend the October 2012 IT Professional Development Academy hosted by the College of Information Science and Technology (IS&T) at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO).
IT Academy sessions will be held on Thursday, Oct. 18, and Friday, Oct. 19, at the Peter Kiewit Institute on UNO's Pacific Street Campus, 1110 S. 67th St. Faculty and staff from the College of IS&T lead the sessions.
The program, initiated in August 2011, leverages the intellectual expertise available at the university to offer high quality, affordable, locally accessible, cutting edge IT education and training in areas relevant to the local information technology industry.
UNO's IT Professional Academy combines current research with problems of practical interest to IT professionals. Each session includes specific learning outcomes that are met by theoretical discussions, problem solving activities, and practical in-class applications of the session topics.
Topics for the upcoming sessions include:
• Increasing Individual Creative Capacity: Techniques to Improve Innovative Thinking
• Lean IT – Save Money, Reduce Time to Deliver, Focus on Your Business
• Introduction to Virtualization Technology
• Virtualization Technology – VMWare vSphere
• jQuery Mobile • Security Challenges and Opportunities in Cloud Computing
• Corporate Participation in Open Source Communities
• Data Mining, Texting Mining, and Practice with Weka I: Basics
• Setting Up a SharePoint 2010 Site for Project Management – Agile
• Using a SharePoint 2010 Site for Project Management - Agile
• Data Mining, Texting Mining, and Practice with Weka II: Additional Topics
For more information or to register for the October academy, visit http://ITAcademy.unomaha.edu or call 402.554-6064.
IT Academy sessions are held quarterly, covering new and emerging topics that are important to the IT community. Some sessions from past academies are repeated, depending on their popularity.
Follow UNO's Twitter updates at www.twitter.com/unomaha. Become a fan of UNO on Facebook: www.facebook.com/unomaha. Watch UNO on YouTube: www.youtube.com/UNOmavTV.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s metropolitan university. The core values of the institution place students at the center of all that the university does; call for the campus to strive for academic excellence; and promote community engagement that transforms and improves urban, regional, national and global life. UNO, inaugurated in 1968, emerged from the Municipal University of Omaha, established in 1931, which grew out of the University of Omaha founded in 1908.
© 2013 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, email@example.com