2010.05.05> For Immediate Release
contact: Tim Kaldahl - University Relations
phone: 402.554.3502 - email: email@example.com
Nine UNO Graduate Programs Cited Nationally
Omaha - Nine graduate programs at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) are cited in U.S. News and World Report's 2011 edition of America's Best Graduate Schools that was released last month.
UNO's ranked programs are listed below.
In the Public Affairs rankings, which were initially announced in the 2008 edition, UNO ties for 27th and ties for 15th nationally among public institutions. To better understand UNO’s position nationally, the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs (NASPAA) consists of 254 member institutions that offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in public affairs and administration. Of those 254 institutions, 161, including UNO, offer specialty programs that are required for accreditation.
Specialty areas within the overall Public Affairs category were ranked individually. Specialty areas at UNO were ranked as follows:
• Information Technology and Management ranks 6th nationally among 15 similar ranked programs and 3rd nationally among public universities. There are 161 accredited programs nationally.
• Public Management Administration ranks 15th nationally among 36 similar ranked programs and 10th nationally among public universities. There are 161 accredited programs nationally.
• City Management & Urban Policy ranks 13th nationally among 23 similar ranked programs and 10th nationally among public universities. There are 161 accredited programs nationally.
• Nonprofit Management ranks 18th nationally among 26 similar ranked programs and ranks 16th nationally among public universities. There are 161 accredited programs nationally.
• Public Finance & Budgeting ranks 9th nationally among 30 similar ranked programs and ranks 7th nationally among public universities. There are 161 accredited programs nationally.
In the Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, UNO's doctoral program in criminal justice ranks 17th nationally among 34 similar programs and fifth nationally among metropolitan universities.
In the Health disciplines, speech-language pathology ranks 87th nationally among 163 similar programs and 69th nationally among public universities.
Under Education Graduate Programs, UNO was also ranked 124th nationally among 234 similar programs for graduate education.
* * *
Follow UNO's Twitter updates at http://twitter.com/unomaha. Become a fan of UNO on Facebook: www.facebook.com/unomaha.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s metropolitan university. The core values of the institution place students at the center of all that the university does; call for the campus to strive for academic excellence; and promote community engagement that transforms and improves urban, regional, national and global life. UNO, inaugurated in 1968, emerged from the Municipal University of Omaha, established in 1931, which grew out of the University of Omaha founded in 1908.
© 2014 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, firstname.lastname@example.org