2007.04.18 > For Immediate Release
contact: Tim Kaldahl - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.3502 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNO Communication Week Runs April 19-26
Omaha - The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) School of Communication will showcase the nationally recognized work of its students and faculty and pay tribute to alumni and local communication professionals during the campus’ Communication Week, April 19-26.
The week will begin with the school’s annual high school journalism contest Thursday, April 19. The school will present awards at 1 p.m. to local high school students for their work on student newspapers, yearbooks and broadcasts. Jane Kirtley, a professor of journalism at the University of Minnesota, will speak at the event and also offer a campus lecture at 3 p.m. Throughout the week, student organizations from the School of Communication will present their award-winning work.
The week will culminate Thursday, April 26, with the 52nd annual School of Communication Awards Banquet at the William H. and Dorothy Thompson Alumni Center at 6 p.m. The school will present awards to the following alumni and local communication professionals:
* Rising Star Award—Julia McConahay, Omaha public relations professional;
* Alumni Community Service—Howard Marcus, Omaha World-Herald;
* Communication Achievement Award—Molly Skold, manager of the O! campaign;
* Alumni Achievement Award—Mark Allen, reality show producer and casting director for ABC-TV;
* Lifetime Achievement Award—Larry Boersma, wildlife photographer whose work appeared in the movie, “The Truth About Cats and Dogs” and in various books and magazines;
* Distinguished Service to the School Award—the custodial staff of UNO Arts and Sciences Hall.
For more information, call (402) 554-3502.
© 2015 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, email@example.com