2006.12.20 > For Immediate Release
contact: Tim Kaldahl - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.3502 - email: email@example.com
UNO Announces Athletic Director Search Committee
Omaha - The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) announced the members of the UNO athletic director search committee today. John Langan, dean of the UNO College of Education and UNO athletic committee chair, will serve as chair.
Members of the search committee include:
* Daniel Blanke, director of the UNO School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation;
* Terry Hanna, University of Nebraska Foundation athletic representative;
* Robert Herold, UNO men's sports representative;
* Sheila King, director of UNO alumni activities;
* Pat Lemmers, UNO booster club presidents representative;
* Jack Lewis, UNO athletic department booster and Mav Board member;
* Bob Myers, a UNO athletic department booster who also served on the Karnes Commission;
* LaCheryl Prince, UNO student athlete;
* Jeanne Scarpello, UNO women's sports representative;
* Jim Shaw, president of the UNO Faculty Senate;
* Michael Smith, UNO Student Government senator;
* Marsha Vance, business manager for the College of Education and member of the UNO Staff Advisory Council; and
* Bill Wakefield, UNO professor of criminal justice and NCAA faculty representative.
"We have an excellent cross-section of the UNO campus and our community boosters," Langan said. "The UNO Athletic Department is a strong and dynamic unit which provides exciting sports venues for our students and the Omaha community. The search committee's goal is to provide UNO Chancellor John Christensen with the very best possible list of finalists candidates."
Former UNO Athletic Director David Herbster resigned in late November. Tom Frette, UNO head athletic trainer, is serving as interim athletic director.
For more information, call (402) 554-3502.
© 2014 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, firstname.lastname@example.org