2006.11.08 > For Immediate Release
contact: Tim Kaldahl - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.3502 - email: email@example.com
UNO Class to Hold Raffle for Heartland Refugee Resettlement
Omaha - A partnership between a University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) non-profit fund-raising class and Heartland Refugee Resettlement (HRR) aims to both raise funds for area refugees and raise refugee awareness starting Monday, Nov. 13.
The two groups will conduct a raffle event, "Omaha: A Place to Call Home," through Thursday, Nov. 16. Students have collected more than $3,000 worth of donations from local businesses and individuals, said Paul Sather, director of the UNO Service-Learning Academy and American Humanics. Prize packages run the gamut, he said, from memberships to restaurant meals to even an original painting.
"Heartland Refugee Resettlement does great work in our community," Sather said. "Getting our students involved and thinking through fundraising makes this a real-world experience for them."
The prize packages being raffled include:
· Calling All Couples ($500 value) – a $20 gift card to Roja, admission for four to The Funnybone, two sandwiches at Honey Baked Ham, an autographed copy of the book Send Me Tulips by Kathe Oleson (with artwork by Kristin Pluhacek), a free tuxedo rental from Randall's Formal Wear and a Fontenelle Forest membership package.
· Eat Free for a Month ($400 value) - $20 to Moe's Southwest Grill, two free appetizers at Red Robin, $15 to Cheeseburger in Paradise, $25 to Sam & Louie's New York Pizza, $25 to Red Lobster, five free Chipotle burritos, six free meals at Schlotzsky's, two free Outback Bloomin' Onions, five free meals at Runza, $15 to Chili's, $100 to Cheeburger Cheeburger, $25 to Old Chicago, four free meals at Fazoli's and $15 to Famous Dave's.
· Family Fun ($500 value) – a Dairy Queen 8" cake, a YMCA six month family membership, a $250 Dirkschneider photography package, four UNO Maverick hockey tickets and parking pass, and five Swimtastic family swimming passes.
· Feel the Music ($450 value) – an MP3 player courtesy of Best Buy and four hours of Baseline Studio recording studio time.
· What's Cookin' ($250 value) – a Junior League Toast to Omaha cookbook, a Crystal-Embellished apron, a William Sonoma gift basket, a Come on Into my Kitchen cooking class, $40 HuHots gift card and a $25 Gift Card to Nestle Tollhouse.
· Get Your Game On ($550 value) – a Susan Ann Koenig one-hour life coaching session, a YMCA six-month individual membership, one yoga class at the Omaha Yoga School, an autographed Nebraska Cornhusker football, Creighton basketball tickets and an Ashley Lynn's tanning package.
· Constellation ($500 value) - Ron Garvais original painting.
Raffle tickets may be purchased in any combination for the available packages. The cost is $2 for one ticket, $3 for five tickets, $10 for eight tickets and $20 for 20 tickets. All proceeds will benefit HRR.
The gift packages will be on display and tickets will be on sale in the Milo Bail Student Center on Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 13-14 from 10 a.m to 2 p.m., and in the Criss Library on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 15-16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Representatives from HRR will also be on hand to answer questions about their organization and mission. A drawing for the winners of each package will be conducted Thursday, Nov. 16.
For more information, contact Sather at (402) 554-6019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, email@example.com