2006.11.08 > For Immediate Release
contact: Tim Kaldahl - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.3502 - email: email@example.com
Women of Wisdom Nomination Deadline Extended
Omaha - The deadline to nominate senior women for the 2007 University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) Women of Wisdom Awards has been extended to Thursday, Nov. 30. Awards will be given next spring to three women over the age of 50 who exemplify the spirit of community contribution while providing a meaningful example of successful aging.
Nomination forms are available online at http://pwsa.unomaha.edu/ or by calling (402) 554-4897 or (402) 554-2292.
The minimum nomination requirements include:
· Name, age, address and phone number of the nominee;
· The nominator's relationship to the nominee;
· Information on the nominee's actions, activities and involvement in the community and its results;
· Reasons why the nominee's work or advocacy was significant and identification of who benefited (individuals or groups); and
· Any other additional information that effectively creates a strong picture of the nominees' accomplishments.
"We know that many older women creatively devote their time to bettering the lives of others, and we need to publicly celebrate the value they add to Omaha," said Patricia Adams, director of the UNO Program for Women and Successful Aging (PWSA), the sponsor of the Women of Wisdom Awards.
Award recipients will be honored at a luncheon and community-wide program, "Celebrate: Women of Wisdom Because Aging is a Lifetime Event," set for April 18, 2007. The keynote speaker will be Lorna Landvik, the bestselling author of Patty Jane's House of Curl and Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons,. This is the third annual Celebrate: Women of Wisdom luncheon.
For more information, call (402) 554-4897 or 554-2292.
© 2014 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, firstname.lastname@example.org