2006.05.10> For Immediate Release
contact: Beverly Newsam - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.2358 - email: email@example.com
UNO Announces 2006-07 OWH, Distinguished Scholars
Omaha - The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) Honors Program has announced the 2006-07 Omaha World-Herald and Distinguished Scholarship Scholars. These students will be honored this fall at a special banquet at UNO.
The student honorees, their respective high schools and planned courses of study at UNO are listed below.
Omaha World-Herald Scholars
- David A. Loscutoff (home-schooled) will study computer science in the UNO College of Information Science and Technology.
- Veda M. Darling (Ralston High School) has an undeclared major and will study in the UNO College of Arts and Sciences.
Scottish Rite Distinguished Scholar
- Matthew J. Pinnt (North High School) will study mathematics in the UNO College of Arts and Sciences.
- Ashley M. Hamernik (Millard South High School) will study creative writing in the UNO College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media.
- Austin M. Zach (Columbus Scotus High School, Columbus, Neb.) will study computer science in the UNO College of Information Science and Technology.
- Axelle F. Verboon (Lincoln Northwest High School, Lincoln, Neb.) will study biology in the UNO College of Arts and Sciences and music performance in the UNO College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media.
- Ann E. Stenehjem (Kearney High School, Kearney, Neb.) will study pre-business in the UNO College of Business Administration.
For more information, call (402) 554-2598.
© 2013 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, firstname.lastname@example.org