2005.09.20 > For Immediate Release
contact: Teresa Gleason - University Affairs
phone: 402.554.2762 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNO Art Faculty Named to Fine Arts Advisory Board
Omaha - A trio of art and art history faculty at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) has been named to the advisory board of the Corning Center for the Fine Arts (CCFA).
They are Jody Boyer, adjunct instructor; Russ Nordman, assistant professor of art and art history; and Henry Serenco, associate professor of art and art history.
The center, located in Corning, Iowa, is affiliated with the Adams County (Iowa) Economic Development Corporation. Its goals are to:
- Create an opportunity for quality artists to have time, space and support for the creation of new work;
- Provide upper-story housing to allow the artists time to focus on development of new works with easy access to studio and gallery space;
- Cultivate an atmosphere that allows networking opportunities for learning, research, consultations, workshops and training seminars;
- Enliven Adams County through diverse cultural events, classes and seminars; and
- Become a cultural destination for tourists, students and new citizens.
The trio, along with four other art and art history faculty at UNO, will participate in the center's "Corning Art Start" exhibition opening Friday, Sept. 30, in the CCFA Exhibition Gallery. Joining Boyer, Nordman and Serenco will be printmaker Gary Day, printmaker Wanda Ewing, sculptor David Helm and painter Barbara Simcoe.
In addition, Boyer and Nordman will exhibit "Panoply," a site specific temporary video installation, in the Turner Building on Main Street in Corning. The display schedule is Friday, Sept. 30, from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 1, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"Corning Art Start" runs through Jan. 10. The CCFA Exhibition Gallery is located at 706 Davis Ave. in Corning. For more information, call (641) 322-5229.
© 2015 University Communications. voice: 402.554.2129, fax: 402.554.3541, email@example.com