UNO Campus Security Offers Summer Safety Tips
- 2014/05/30 for immediate release
- contact: Stephanie Montgomery - University Communications
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the summer semester underway, UNO Campus Security and the Omaha Police Department would like to remind the campus community and its visitors of some general safety tips to help keep you and your property safe.
- When parking on or nearby campus, make sure to lock your vehicle and avoid leaving valuables in plain sight.
- If you use a bicycle, make sure to keep it locked up on one of UNO’s bike racks with a theft-resistant lock. U-type locks work the best.
- Individuals who may be working alone outside normal hours are encouraged to contact Campus Security and let them know you are on campus. Officers will make periodic checks to make sure you are safe and comfortable while on campus.
- Anyone entering a locked office or residence should make sure the door closes completely.
- If you are planning on taking a vacation over the summer, make sure that you have arranged someone to watch or check in on your house or apartment while you are away.
- An escort service is available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week for individuals on campus. A security escort can be arranged through Campus Security at 402.554.2648.
- Be aware of your surroundings and if you see any suspicious activity, report it to Campus Security by calling 402.554.2911
The Omaha Police Department has two safety tip brochures available to download:
Any questions or concerns about safety on campus should be directed to Campus Security.
Back to News Center Home