OMAHA – The University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) Art Gallery is opening the 2014-2015 season with a wide-ranging exhibit featuring 43 pieces from 29 artists from across the country.
“Everything Paper,” juried by Karin Campbell, the Joslyn Art Museum’s Phil Willson Curator of Contemporary Art, opens on Friday, August 29, 2014, with a public reception from 4:30 through 6:30 p.m. and runs through 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 2.
Campbell will also present a juror’s lecture in the Gallery from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 24.
The 43 artworks on exhibit were selected through a blind on-line jury process from over four hundred works submitted. The selected pieces include:
- Traditional prints such as woodcut, etching, drypoint, aquatint and a Van Dyke Brown print
- Modern prints including digital prints, photographs and collages
- Drawings utilizing charcoal, pencil, ink and embossing
- Gauche and water color paintings
- Paper entries such as letterpress and silkscreen books as well as cut and cast paper.
“Visitors will be intrigued, like I have been, with the conceptual focus and craftsmanship of these paper-based artworks,” Gallery Coordinator Denise Brady said.
Artists with work in the exhibition are:
- Roger Boulay (Winona, Minn.)
- Elizabeth Boutin (Bellevue, Neb.)
- Charles Coates (San Jose, Calif.)
- Chadric Devin (Lincoln, Neb.)
- Jason Dunda (Chicago, Ill.)
- Julianne French (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Mack Gingles (Waco, Texas)
- Jonathon Goebel (Hilo, Hawaii)
- Brett Groves (Oswego, N.Y.)
- Amy Haney (Omaha, Neb.)
- Travis Head (Blacksburg, Va.)
- Kyle Holland (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Raluca Iancu (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Jill Kambs (Erie, Pa.)
- Liza LaBarge (Norwood, N.Y.)
- Nancy Lepo (Omaha, Neb.)
- Kimberly Maher (Iowa City, Iowa)
- Reagan Pufall (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Edward Ramsay-Morin (Huntsville, Texas)
- Russ Revock (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Taylor Robinson (Spartanburg, S.C.)
- Thomas Saffle (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Pete Schulte (Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
- Alexandra N. Sherman (Washington, D.C.)
- Richard Shipps (Chicago, Ill.)
- Steve Snell (Hastings, Neb.)
- Eric Sweet (Columbia, Mo.)
- Tonja Torgerson (Lawrence, Kan.)
- Dustin Young (Lincoln, Neb.)
UNO Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday excluding holidays. In addition, appointments at other times are encouraged. All events are free and open to the public and the gallery is accessible to people with disabilities.
For a full list of upcoming exhibits, please visit: www.unomaha.edu/fineart/art/unoartgallery/exhibitions.htm.
Appointments or special arrangements can be made by calling Denise Brady, gallery coordinator, at 402.554.2796.
Media requests can be made by contacting Charley Reed, media relations coordinator, at 402.554.2129 or by email at email@example.com.
About the University of Nebraska at Omaha
Located in one of America’s best cities to live, work and learn, the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) is Nebraska’s premier metropolitan university. With more than 15,000 students enrolled in 200-plus programs of study, UNO is recognized nationally for its online education, graduate education, military friendliness and community engagement efforts. Founded in 1908, UNO has served learners of all backgrounds for more than 100 years and is dedicated to another century of excellence both in the classroom and in the community.