From OMAVS.com – The Claussen-Leahy Run/Walk will be held April 26, 2014 at Stinson Park in Aksarben Village. This event is held annually to support University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) student-athletes.
Participants who register on the day of the event will not be chip timed. If you want to be chip timed, you must register online before the day of the event.
STAMPEDE 10K, CLAUSSEN 5K Run and LEAHY 2K Walk
- Race starting time is 9 a.m. at Stinson Park in Askarben Village.
- Support the UNO Athletic Department by running or walking in either the 10K, 5K or 2K events.
- Both the Stampede 10K and Claussen 5K will be chipped timed, and winners will be based on the participant's official race time.
- Medals will be awarded to the first through sixth place runners, and names of the winners will be posted on the Claussen-Leahy Run/Walk Website.
- Course maps will be sent out to all participants
- Runners must be pre-registered, or register on the day of the event. Runners that pre-register are guarenteed a t-shirt.
800 METER KIDS’ RACE WITH UNO STUDENT-ATHLETES
- Race starting time is 8:30 a.m. at Stinson Park in Aksarben Village.
- Children from 5 to 12 years of age are welcome to participate in the Kids Race and Mini Sports Clinics.
- The UNO student-athletes will participate with the kids.
- Race will be approximately 800 meters (approximately ½ mile).
MINI SPORTS CLINICS
In conjunction with the Kids’ Race, UNO will host a variety of kids' sports clinics at Stinson Park for all youth race participants. The clinics will start at approximately 9 a.m. and last until 10 a.m. The clinics will be hosted by various UNO teams. Kids will learn basic skills from the various sports teams and have the ability to interact with Maverick student-athletes. Participation in the sports clinics will be free to those children who have registered for the Kids’ Race.
Children who have not pre-registered for the Kids' Race or Mini Sports Clinics may do so at the registration table the day of the event, but will not be guaranteed a t-shirt. *** Parents will need to check in each child at the Mini Sports Clinic check-in table prior to the 8:30 a.m. The event will be held in rain or shine.
View Event Fee Information
Claussen-Leahy Run/Walk Registration Information
Online registration will close on Thursday, April 18 at 7 a.m.
You can also register on-site at Stinson Park on Saturday, April 26.
Strollers are welcome in all events. If your child will be in the stroller, they are not required to register for the event unless they would like a t-shirt.
For additional information, please visit the Claussen-Leahy Run/Walk website.
If you have a question regarding the run/walk, please contact Pam Schwarting at 402.554.3689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.