A Global University
This photograph was submitted by a student during the 2013 International Education Week Photo Contest
One of the University of Nebraska Omaha's (UNO) hidden gems is our remarkable International Studies & Programs office. With a student body representing 121 countries from around the globe, the office is pivotal to UNO's campus priority of global engagment.
For UNO students, International Studies & Programs serves as their envoy to the world. The office manages a diverse set of projects and academic pursuits, from training teachers in Afghanistan to preparing native Nebraskans for a new world – a world digitally linked, partnered in trade, and demanding transnational solutions.
Here's an overview of the office
International Studies & Programs is responsible for UNO's International Admissions and Student Advising for international students and scholars.
- The Study Abroad office assists students in exploring their many options for overseas academic programs.
- The International Studies Major offers an interdisciplinary, career-focused bachelor's degree for students seeking to work in diplomacy, national security, non-governmental organizations, and international businesses.
- ILUNO Intensive English is one of the oldest and most highly regarded English as a Second Language programs in the region.
- IPD English for Professionals offers an alternative way to learn English that is uniqely tailored to professionals.
- The Center for Afghanistan Studies continues to serve as America's primary cultural and scholarly link between the two countries.
- The Bethsaida Biblical Archaeology project continues to shed light on ancient mysteries in Israel.
- Each year, UNO sponsors Conferences that draw world-class academics and practitioners in fields critical to international relations.
- And UNO's Global Partnerships create a sustainable framework for international exchanges among students and faculty.
UNO Study Abroad
Just one exciting aspect of the International Studies and Programs office is the UNO Study Abroad program.
UNO Study Abroad was recently featured in the Spring 2014 Edition 1 of The Bullseye, a publication of the UNO Division of Student Affairs:
Back to News Center Home