The general prerequisite for admission to the MPA program is a four-year bachelors' degree with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA of the junior-senior year (last 50-60 credit hours). Under extenuating circumstances an average below 3.0 will be considered. The following factors will be considered in determination of a student's admission status:
- Grade point average for the junior-senior year
- Grade point average for the undergraduate degree
- Work history
- Writing skills (based on the applicant's admissions essay)
- References (based on two written letters of recommendation)
- GRE Exam (complete four to six weeks before application deadline)
how to apply
Please review the materials listed below needed to complete the application. Only complete applications will be considered. Thus, apply early - before the application deadline.
- Submit the online application for graduate admission.
- Submit a $45 application processing fee.
- Submit a Resume including work history in pdf format.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (Essay) in pdf format. The essay should be two to four pages (doubled-spaced and answer the following questions:
Submit Two letters of recommendation. Please provide the names and email addresses of two individuals who can address your qualifications for graduate study. The recommenders will be sent an online recommendation form to complete. Please inform each of them to expect this correspondence from the UNO Graduate Studies Office. Hit SUBMIT button.
Submit GRE scores from Education Testing Services (ETS). Please complete GRE four to six weeks before application deadline.
- Please tell us about the factors in your background that will help us understand your interest in a profession in the public or nonprofit sectors.
- What are your professional goals? Ten years from now, what do you hope to be doing professionally?
- How can an MPA from UNO help you to achieve these goals?
Click Here to apply
The MPA Committee reviews complete applications on a rolling admissions basis.
Applications complete by June 1 will be considered for Fall semester.
Applications complete by October 1 will be considered for Spring semester.
Notification of admission status will be sent approximately six weeks after application is complete.
FAQ on Admission Procedure
To talk with the Academic Program Coordinator call or e-mail:
Dr. Meagan Van Gelder