UNO Alcohol Policy
The consumption of alcohol on campus is authorized and governed by Regental policy and the Nebraska Liquor Control Act. The purpose of the present document is to outline the administrative procedures and requirements for serving alcoholic beverages at appropriate events on campus.
- The Chancellor or his/her designee must authorize the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Hours of service are from 5:00 p.m. to midnight from Sunday to Friday, and 3:00 p.m. to midnight on Saturdays. No beverages will be dispensed after 11:30 p.m. and no consumption allowed after midnight.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be served in association with a food service (a food service is defined as either a meal or hors d’oeuvres). A minimum food service must accompany alcoholic beverage service.
- Alcoholic beverages will be available only at events for which there are invited guests.
- All alcoholic beverages will be served by an employee of Student Center Food Services or authorized designee. Determination of the services provided will be decided by the sponsoring group and the Manager of Food Services or designee. All details, such as type of beverage served, hours of service, etc. must be finalized with Food Services 48 hours in advance and will not be changed after the deadline.
- A sponsor or sponsoring group must designate a contact person to work with the University. This individual must deliver the alcoholic beverages to the University and remove unused quantities at the conclusion of the activity; alcoholic beverages may not be stored on University property.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsoring group to comply with these procedures, which are based on Regental policy, including the determination of legal age of anyone requesting liquor service. Alcoholic beverages may not be served to anyone under 21 years of age.
- The Manager of Food Services may assign persons to check identification.
- The sale of alcohol under "special" circumstances is permitted. UNO Food Services may allow non-profit organizations to request and obtain a special designated permit. Also, Food Services may grant permission for a non- profit organization to bring a licensed caterer with a special designated permit to sell alcohol.
- Alcohol cannot be sold at any catered event. The cost of alcohol must be included in the cost of any meal that the host is providing. There cannot be any separate exclusive charges for alcohol.
Revised August 2014.
Click here for the Application for Alcohol Service.