Enroll Now for the Military and Veteran Student Section of US1010: College and Career Success
University Seminar 1010; Section 7, College and Career Success, prepares military and veteran students for academic and career success, addressing students’ unique skillsets and challenges. Click here for more course information.
This course is a one credit hour elective taught by the director of the Office of Military and Veteran Services, Mike Connolly.
The course runs August 25 – October 30, Mondays & Wednesdays, 4:00-4:50 p.m.
The class will meet in Kayser Hall 224.
Welcome to the Office of Military and Veteran Services!
Our department is tasked to support students by serving as a one-stop office for military, veteran, and dependent students by: providing information and guidance to prospective students; supporting the wellness, achievement, and engagement of our students while they are here; acting as an advocate and supporter of student veterans for the university; and assisting with career services and job placement upon graduation.
- Our office exists to foster and encourage a military community, whether on campus, online, or overseas.
- We have a full service computer lounge, coffee bar, office services, and quiet lounge and study area that is just for military, veteran, and dependent students.
- We act as the faculty advisors to the Veteran Student Organization, an active and engaged chapter of the Student Veterans of America (SVA).
- We process all GI Bill and other VA benefits, and will ensure the smooth administration of your benefits and education on the options you may have available.
- We have a full time VA employee on campus in our office, available as a member of the VA’s Vet Success on Campus program. She is able to assist with all aspects of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, from compensation and pension, disability claims, Vocational Rehabilitation, and access to the VA Omaha hospital or other community resources.
- We are located near the Offutt Air Force Base, with all the amenities and services of a major Active Duty military installation.
- The University of Nebraska at Omaha has waived the $45 application fee for all military and veteran students.