Welcome to The University of Nebraska at Omaha Office of Military and Veteran Services where we are proud to serve our veterans, service members, and eligible dependents. You are entitled to certain benefits and are eligible to participate in certain programs. The following information should serve as a brief overview of these programs and your benefits, but if you require additional information please contact The Office of Military and Veteran Services at (402) 554.2349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are qualified and wish to use your Veterans Educational Benefits you must be admitted to a state-approved degree or certificate program and complete the appropriate chapter paperwork.
Veterans Education Programs
Approved Education and Job Training Programs
Approved License and Certificate Programs
Approved National Exams
Yellow Ribbon Program Information
Using VA Benefits
Students using VA benefits need to submit the following items to the Office of Military and Veteran Services:
- Copy of the application of the benefit you applied for. Ex. 22-1990, 22-1990e, and 22-5490
- Copy of DD214, Kicker Contract, and NOBE.
- Certificate of Eligibility (this will be given to you by the VA once your application is approved).
- Please bring all VA education benefit information to EAB 103 Veterans Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I Receive a VA Education Overpayment?
- How Do I Receive Advance Pay?
- Am I Eligible for Tutorial Assistance?
- How Do I Make Monthly Verifications?
- What is Top-Up?
- What Happens if I Do Not Maintain Satisfactory Attendance, Conduct and/or Progress?
- I Have Run Out of Benefits--Can I Ask For An Extension?
- Can I Receive Benefits for an Audit or Credit/No Credit Courses?
- Frequently Used Telephone Numbers, Addresses, Email Addresses, and Websites
As a liaison with the Department of Veterans' Affairs, this office monitors the academic progress of veterans, in compliance with Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations.