Metropolitan English Teacher Link (MET Link) is a collaborative effort by the University of Nebraska at Omaha College (UNO) of Education and the UNO English Department to support and develop secondary English and Language arts teachers through a sustained network of professionals dedicated to literacy teaching and learning.
Mission: To support and develop English teachers through targeted mentoring, resources and support networks.
Who We Serve: MET Link serves over 500 language arts teachers in the Omaha area.
Programs and Services:
• MET Link serves area teachers by providing a mentoring program to new and veteran teachers;
• Hosts an annual conference to encourage continued learning and networking;
• Supports educators through on-line social networks, resources and community building opportunities.
• So far, MET Link has partnered with three renowned authors and scholars, Jim Burke, Kelly Gallagher and Cris Tovani, for our annual conference. We are looking forward to bringing Marcia Tate in for the 2012 conference.
• MET Link has received seed monies from the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education and is supported through grants and donations.
• MET Link was founded by Dr. Sarah Edwards, Professor in the UNO College of Education, in 2009;
• In 2009 and 2010, the MET Link Conference had over 100 participants;
• 24 community members and educators serve on MET Link’s Advisory Board;
• 1 in 5 area teachers participate in a MET Link activity;
• MET Link’s participants come from many different districts -- over 11 are represented.
To contact Sarah Edwards, COE Professor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact Chuck Johanningsmeier, English Department Professor, please email email@example.com.
To contact Hanna Wanzenried, COE Graduate Assistant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.