MATH 1000 Pre-Intermediate Algebra
- Math 1000 is an introductory level algebra course designed to prepare students to be successful in Math 1310.
- This course is worth two credit hours and will not satisfy the Math General Education requirement.
- Successful completion of this course will satisfy the prerequisite for Math 1310, Intermediate Algebra.
Course Design Overview
- Class meets once a week for two hours and 15 minutes at the scheduled time. In class, your teacher will cover important concepts, work especially difficult problems, and guide you through the work that will be done each week. Class time will be separated into the first hour of lecture and the second hour for taking computer-assisted homework, quizzes and tests.
- Your teacher will discuss study strategies and help you to avoid common errors.
- Whole numbers, integers, fractions and mixed numbers, decimals.
- Simplifying mathematical expressions, the properties of equality.
- Solving linear equations in one variable and using linear equations to solve problems.
- Ratios and proportions, graphing and the rectangular coordinate system.