Welcome to Dual Enrollment Calculus. Our program supports and offers Math 1950 (Calculus I) and Math 1960 (Calculus II) for high school students enrolled in Advanced Placement Calculus AB (Calculus I) and Advanced Placement Calculus BC (Calculus I & II). Participating high schools have approved college level adjunct instructors that teach high school AP Calculus at the college level. This gives students the opportunity in high school to earn up to 10 college credit hours through the Department of Mathematics at UNO.
Dual Enrollment Calculus Program Benefits for Instructors and Students
- Professor available for visits and in-high school classroom lectures.
- Case by case review for teacher scholarships relevant to completing a Master's program in Mathematics to meet the degree requirement for instructors of Dual Enrollment Calculus.
- Teacher workshop held once a year so that Dual Enrollment approved instructors can meet on campus faculty and meet with other Dual Enrollment Calculus Instructors, find out about research opportunities for students and resources available on campus, as well as exchange of ideas and program facilitation.
- Payment of substitute teachers and transportation costs for workshops and field trips.
- Dual Enrollment-sponsored "Calculus the Musical" event at on campus in the Spring for all Dual Enrollment students and teachers.