Kerrigan Research Minigrants Program
The Kerrigan Research minigrants program invites UNO graduate and undergraduate students to apply for minigrants to work on research projects with department faculty members. A minigrant project is for $500 payable at the end of the fiscal year (the fiscal year ends June 30) upon completion of the project.
Eligibility: Full-time UNO undergraduate and graduate students
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted from faculty on September 15th of the fall semester and February 1 st the following spring semester. Late applications will not be considered.
Proposal Guidelines: All applications must include two pages description of the projects. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The project description should:
- have the student's name (if not taken, write status: available)
- include the project's start and end dates
- include the title of the project
- include an abstract (less than 100 words)
- include the purpose(s) of the project (i.e. the questions/issues to be addressed by the project)
- include a timetable (Provide a timetable for completing the work entailed in the project)
Duration: Either from September 15th or February 1st to June 30th
Application Process: Applications can be delivered in person or emailed to either
Prof. Mahboub Baccouch, DSC 233, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Prof. Valentin Matache, DSC 226, email@example.com.
- All students must work with a faculty mentor. The student's faculty mentor must commit to supporting and advising the applicant throughout the research project.
- Each student must submit a final report no later than June 30th containing results of what was accomplished, and a list of papers and/or publications that directly or indirectly result from the grant; otherwise the student will receive no funding.
- Incomplete projects will receive no funding. The mentor is responsible for the completion of the project.
- A student cannot participate on more than one project per year.
- A student cannot participate on more than three projects during their time at UNO.
- Project's will be accepted on a first come, first served basis until February 1st.
- Each faculty mentor may propose up to two projects per year, however only the first will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The second will be held until February 1st and accepted on that date if there is funding still available.
Projects for 2014-2015