A Masters in Library Science is needed to direct or hold leadership positions in public, academic and special libraries from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
The MALS program consists of 42 credit hours that can be taken in a variety of distance sensitive formats.
- 18 hours of required coursework covers topics such as management, collections, reference, cataloging, information technology, research, and a field-based practicum.
- 24 hours of elective coursework is tailored to individual needs and allows the students to customize and focus their learning in areas of particular interest.
- Program Overview
- Overview of the Master of Library Science [MALS] program from the Missouri College of Education
- Application & Admissions Forms & Links
- Important documents to consult during the admissions process
- Course Descriptions
- Brief descriptions of courses offered in the Masters program
- Course Rotation
- Table outlining the general rotation of Missouri courses.
- Course Schedules -- Calendar of Required Courses [Fall 2010 - Spring 2014]
- Required Courses
- Mizzou Online Course Schedule
Full listing of all MALS courses offered for Nebraska students
- SISLT Course Schedule
MALS Courses offered at any MU location (including Nebraska and web-only)
- Nebraska Library Commission Schedule of Professional Development Activities
School Library / Library Science professional development opportunites offered with class sessions meeting in Nebraska. Search "coursework" for current schedule.
- Program of Study
- Program of Study (M-1 Form) [PDF Form]
Program of Study (M-1 Form) [RTF Form]
Program of Study Substitution Form
- MALS Practicum Guide
MALS Practicum in Information Agencies Application Form (MSWord Document)
Student's Evaluation of Supervising Librarian Form (MSWord Document)
- MU Graduate Commencement Information
University information concerning graduation, including ordering regalia, announcements, transcripts, and diplomas.
- Graduate School Gateway
MU Graduate School Commencement Information Page. Includes the date and time of specific ceremonies.
- Commencement Information Specific to Master's Students
RSVP for commencement, graduation checklists and reminders.