Preacher, Shepherd, Judge: The Role of the Outlaw Prophet in American Film
by Heather Clements
1. Ostwalt, C. E., Jr., 1995, “ Hollywood and Armageddon: Apocalyptic Themes in Recent Cinematic Presentation.” Screening the Sacred: Religion, Myth and Ideology in Popular American Film. Martin, J. W. and Ostwalt, C. E., Jr., ed. Boulder CO: Westview, 55.
2. Reiher, P., 2000, “Movie Reviews: Pale Rider.” http://ficus-www.cs.ucla.edu/ project-members/ reiher/ reviews/ pale.html . April 16.
3. Heumann, J. K., and Murray, R. L., 2004, “Pale Rider: Environmental politics, Eastwood style.” Jump Cut: A Review of Contemporary Media 47. http://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/jc47.2005/palerider/text.html.
4. Rasmussen, C., 1999, “ San Gabriel Left a Mark on Roy Bean.” San Bernardino County Sun. December 15, A3.
5. Green, D., 2000, Review: The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean.” <http://www.laserrot.com/ldreviews/us/l/11174.html.> April 16.
6. Stayton, R., 2006, “A Barbarian Inside the Gates: Back to the Golden Rule Days with John Milius.” Written By: The Magazine of the Writers Guild of America, West (October). http://www.wga.org/writtenby/writtenbysub.aspx?id=2239.
7. Quentin Tarantino, Q., 1994, Pulp Fiction. Miramax.
8. Ebert, R. 2000, “Secrets of Pulp Fiction.” <http://www.moviescripts.de/pf_secrets.html>. April 16.
9. Terkla, D. and Reed, T. L., Jr., 2000, "I'm gonna git Medieval on your ass": Pulp Fiction for the 90s--the 1190s.” Studies in Popular Culture 1997. <http://www.mtsu.edu/~english/terkla.htm>. April 16.
Journal of Religion and Film 2008
Site Maintained by
Department of Philosophy and Religion
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Contact Webmaster about site