Majid Majidi and New Iranian Cinema
By Annie Gregory
1. Nacify, Hamid. “Iranian Cinema”. The Oxford History of World Cinema. Ed. Geoffrey Nowell-Smith. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 1997. p. 675
2. Mir-Hosseini, Ziba. Iranian Cinema: Art, Society and the State. Middle East Report, No. 219. (Summer, 2001), p. 26.
3.Weinberger, Stephen. “Neorealism, Iranian Style”. Iranian Studies. Vol. 40, Issue 1. March 2007, p. 5
4. Cunneen, Joseph. “An Iranian drama that could alter U.S. policy, two films with offbeat heroes. (At the Movies)”. National Catholic Reporter. February 19, 1999, p. 18.
5. Moruzzi, Norma Claire. Women’s Space/Cinema Space: Representations of Public And Private in Iranian Films. Middle East Report, No. 212, (Autumn, 1999), p. 52.
6. Mir-Hosseini, 29
7. Naficy, Hamid. Iranian Cinema under the Islamic Republic. American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 97, No. 3 (Sep., 1995), p. 549.
Journal of Religion and Film 2007
Site Maintained by
Department of Philosophy and Religion
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Contact Webmaster about site