In the name of the Father, the Daughter
By Sharon Roubach
1. See for example: http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/filmforum/050113.html or http://www.debbieschlussel.com/columns/column011004.shtml where, in an entry dated January 2005, Debbie Schlussel stated that the film will win the Oscar because ‘it supports killing the handicapped.’
2. Mark 1:11 (new Revised Standard Version).
3. This is an intentional reference by the director, St. Mark being the name of the church Frank visits daily – this Gospel is indeed most influential to the film's narrative.
4. Mark 3:31-35. See also, Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 8:19-21.
5. John 19:30.
6. Augustine, De Trinitate.
7. See: Halvor Moxnes (ed.), Constructing Early Christian Families. Family as social reality and metaphor (London & New York, 1997).
Contact Webmaster about site