The Passion Re-Cut: If “It Is As It Was”,
By Clodagh M. Weldon
1. Gibson claimed that upon viewing the movie, the late Pope John Paul II had said “it is as it was”, a claim that was later denied by the Vatican.
2. The Passion: Photography from the Movie The Passion of the Christ ( Wheaton, IL: Tyndale, 2004)
3. cf. Official website for The Passion ReCut
4. Interview with Raymond Arroyo on ‘The World Over’, EWTN, 1/23/04
6. Powell, Mark Allan, Fortress Introduction to the Gospels (Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg Fortress Press, 1998), pp. 45, 81-82.
7. I am referring to the shorter ending of Mark’s gospel, which most scholars believe ended at Mk 16:8
9. Emmerich, Ann Catherine, and Brentano, Klement Maria, The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ ( El Sobrante, CA: North Bay Books, 2004), pp. 135-136
12. Emmerich, op.cit., p.137
13. cf. St. Bonaventure, De donis Spiritus Sancti, collatio 6, n. 16; Doctoris Seraphici S. Bonaventurae Opera Omnia (Quaracchi: Collegium S. Bonaventurae, 1882-1902) vol. V, p. 486 .
14. Emmerich, op. cit., p.45
15. Emmerich, op. cit., p.52
16. The Passion of the Christ, cf. Emmerich, op. cit., p.45
17. Emmerich, op. cit., p.146
18. Barbet, op. cit., p.85
19. Interview with Raymond Arroyo on ‘The World Over’, EWTN, 1/23/04
Contact Webmaster about site