Digital Measures: FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Digital Measures?
- How do I login to Digital Measures?
- Do I already have an account?
- Once my information is in the system, how can the data be used?
- Who has access to the information in Digital Measures?
- Do I have to enter information myself?
- I can't find a category for 'xyz.' Where should these data go?
- Can I attach documents to Digital Measures?
- My password is not working in Digital Measures.
- Who do I contact for more help?
- 1. What is Digital Measures?
- Digital Measures is the name of the company that has developed and supports the "Activity Insight" product that UNO is currently using to collect information about faculty accomplishments and professional activities.
- 2.How do I login to Digital Measures?
- Go to http://my.unomaha.edu and toward the bottom of this screen is a Digital Measures login option along with a link to this FAQ and other support pages.
- 3. Do I already have an account?
- Maybe. Try logging in to Digital Measures. If you are having problems, you may need to have an account created, in which case, please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Daniel P. O'Dell at (402) 554-4008 or email@example.com.
- 4. Once my information is in the system, how can the data be used?
- The system is designed for an individual to enter items and for that information to be used in multiple ways. The most common expected uses for information in the system would include allowing faculty to generate their annual reports. Some college are using Digital Measures for RPT documentation; contact your chair to verify RPT usage. Over the 2017-2018 academic year, UNO will be developing additional uses allowing the information within Digital Measures to be useful to faculty, chairs, deans, and Academic and Student Affairs in a variety of ways.
Please note that the information in the system is intended to be used for multiple purposes with a variety of potential audiences and should be considered public record. Therefore, anything that might be considered confidential, secure or private should not be entered into Digital Measures.
- 5. Who has access to the information in Digital Measures?
- Faculty members have access to their own accounts. Chairs/directors, selected administrators in Academic and Student Affairs, and other individuals within the appropriate deans' offices can access faculty accounts. Some units have also authorized administrative assistants and/or graduate students to enter items for faculty and they, too, will have access to certain accounts. For any specific information related to this, please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Daniel P. O'Dell at (402) 554-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6. Do I have to enter information myself?
- Units across campus have chosen a variety of ways to ensure that items are entered into the system. Some units have asked faculty to enter items individually while others have relied on administrative assistants and graduate students to help. The system is structured in such a way that others can be given access to accounts to aid in the entering of information.
- 7. I can't find a category for 'xyz.' Where should these data go?
- Any questions regarding where a specific type of data should be entered within Digital Measures should be directed to your unit chair/director.
- 8. Can I attach documents to Digital Measures?
- Digital Measures does support the uploading and storage of files related to certain categories. These screens will explicitly include the option to upload a file.
- 9. My password is not working in Digital Measures.
- The password for Digital Measures is the same one used for Blackboard and Office 365 (Outlook). If you already have a Digital Measures account, and are having login issues or any questions regarding passwords contact the UNO Helpdesk at 402.554.4357.
Please note that Digital Measures may require the Virtual Private Network (VPN) be active on your university computer or home computer. If you are having problems logging in to Digital Measures via WiFi or while off-campus, please contact the tech-support person for your department. This person may need to install and activate VPN on your home computer or university computer.
- 10. Who do I contact for more help?
- Please contact the Digital Measures Campus Administrator, Daniel P. O'Dell at (402) 554-4008 or email@example.com